Is it just me or has it seemed like January has lasted a whole year already? So many events and crazy things have happened already, just being honest I’m ready to bring in the next month!
With the start of the new year and often the January blues, it can be hard to see the light of day (quite literally) after months of celebrations.
In the midst of it all, I’ve found a few things that have made my season go a bit better. So without further ado here are my monthly favorites for January.
- Shearling Hooded PJ set The best purchase I made all month! A perfect dupe for Kim Kardashian’s SKIMS PJ set. This white set is under $20 and it’s so fuzzy and warm. Plus it’s super cute to take pictures in 😉
- Single Partched Cardigan Now I’ll admit I’m not a cardigan person, but after getting this one I have changed my mind. With its neutral beige color, you can easily dress it up or down. It’s easy to style and it comfy enough to just lounge in without putting too much effort.
- Drawstring Waist Sweatpants Sweatpants in January? Absolutely! I’ve gotten loads of compliments on this surprisingly flattering sweatpants. They can be used at the gym or to run errands. Paired with a sweater or cute accessory this can be a go-to look!
- Slim Denim from Sezane While a bit more on the pricy side it’s definitely worth it for these ALL denim jeans. It’s hard to come by denim that is true to its name. And these are made well and super flattering. Pair with their Conrad T-shirt and you are golden baby!
Makeup & Beauty
- Elf Eye Cream This brand has stepped up its game in the last 5 years. What was once the “play” makeup is now my go-to! This is a great eye cream that is a steal ($10). Perfect for everyday use.
- Pixi Glow Tonic This has been all over my IG for years, so I finally gave in and tried it! Worth the hype, it’s gentle on the skin while being a light exfoliate.
- Pixi Glow Mist Like the tonic, this mist is perfect for everyday use to give your look a final polish, or if you need a refresher throughout the day.
- Isle of Paradise Tanning Drops I’ve been raving about these for a year! Since it’s cold and dark outside keeping a “natural” tan is hard, but these drops make it easy and don’t make a mess. Add to any of your lotions or moisturizers (and it’s safe for your face!) Click this if you’re looking for more info on getting a sunless tan.
- Chance by Chanel This perfume smells like spring and sunshine and I’m obsessed. It’s the perfect last edition to my makeup routine because who doesn’t like smelling like spring flowers?
I’m the person who just watches The Office over and over again (sorry not sorry), but January provided me with a few shows I thoroughly enjoyed.
- Sex Education – hands down one of the best Netflix series to date. I binged season 1 within the week, so there wasn’t even a question when season 2 dropped the middle of the month. While it has more adult themes it’s one of those coming of age series that hits hard on what high school and pressures are actually like. Starring Asa Butterfield (Enders Game) and Gillian Anderson (X-Files) this is a must for those who enjoy a real storyline (and maybe a good cry).
- The Bachelor – Say what? A complete 180 of the other series. But this month was rough emotionally and there was nothing I wanted more than to be completely distracted with nonsense. There is a reason why it’s been on 20+ years, the show catches you (and Chris Harrison is great)! It makes me wonder who works harder… Kris Jenner or Bachelor Producers?
Chances are if you looked at the news this month you’ve seen a lot of death, destruction, and just sadness. I’ve taken a major step back in my news and media consumption, but there was one thing I really loved this month…
- Tina Fey Announces Movie Adaption of Mean Girls Musical via Variety.com
“Producers of the hit Broadway show announced today that the Tony-nominated production is being adapted for the big screen for Paramount Pictures. The musical is based on the 2004 movie of the same name.”
Mean Girls was a part of my childhood and I just recently saw the hit musical right before the original cast retired! Honestly, I’m excited about this, especially since the original producing and writing team is onboard. So there is some good news amidst the blues!
And that wraps up January! Hoping this next month brings more color, chocolate, and some warmer weather (please!)
Let me know below if this is something you enjoyed, or if you enjoy some of the products mentioned! Feel free to DM me on Instagram as well, and as always happy writing 🙂