Edit: since writing this I now have 10+ Million monthly views to my Pinterest because of this stradegy
Whoa sounds crazy right? 1 Million people trafficked to my Pinterest? It’s true and in no way did I use ads or any kind of sponsored pins! And I’m about to share what I did with you!
I started a Pinterest account when I was in the 8th grade, it was like the cool new social media site that really nobody my age knew how to work at the time. If you needed prom or baking inspoÂ Pinterest was your go-to. Needless to say, it was a place for pretty pictures and a false sense of getting my life together.
Fast forward about 10 years (give or take) and I have found Pinterest to not only the best way to find inspo but the best way to monetize and get traffic to my blog! About 80% of my blog traffic comes from my Pinterest and the other 20% comes from my Instagram and Facebook.
So how did I get 1 million Pinterest views?
Turn your personal profile into a business profile
You won’t even be able to see if you have views on your profile without making the switch from a personal account to a business account. Switching over is pretty easy and harmless, instructions to do so can be found here.
2. Connect your website/blog to your Pinterest account
This is what you should do after you convert your personal profile into a business one. This allows you to turn your Pinterest views into blog views! You will be able to then add your website link to pins and have a verified little check mark next to your website. Don’t miss out on traffic because you didn’t link your account! Instructions to do so can be found here.
3. Enable “Rich pins”
This is the final step to getting your profile in the right direction. Rich pins essentially put you ahead of the algorithm for Pinterest and make it so your content is shown before others. It also shows that your content is LEGIT and verifiedÂ through Pinterest. Set up your Rich pins here.
4. PIN PIN PIN
Now onto the fun part, pinning! This is crucial if you want people to be trafficked to your Pinterest account. Don’t just pin any little pin though, stick to pins that are in your niche (fashion, lifestyle, mommy blog etc..) While you should be promoting your own pins that you created I like to stick to the 80/20 rule. 80% other people pins, and 20% your own pins, this will make it so your profile will have more to offer and look more colorful.
Pinterest’s algorithm does give priority to those who pin constantly, not always those who pin a lot in a short amount of time. If you want to grow your monthly views it’s vital to pin every day at the right time. I pin about 50 pins a day at the best times for me to pin. Don’t know what your best times to pin are? Pinterest analytics can help you determine the best times to pin.
Also, the best way to remember to consistently pin is by using the Pinterest scheduler Tailwind! Tailwind will automatically pin for you at your best times! Doing this daily will grow not only your views to your profile but your blog as well! I’ve been using Tailwind since I “re-started” my Pinterest and I’ve gained millions of views since!
6. Promote on Social Media
There are hundreds (if not thousands) of groups on social media that can help you promote your Pinterest pins and profile. Seek out groups on platforms like Facebook or Instagram that give you a place to promote your pins and profile. This will also help generate organic traffic to your account while building relationships and networking with those in your niche.
7. The “Golden Rule”
You know the saying “treat others the way you would want to be treated” well this principle applies when pinning. If someone re-pins your content, do the same for them! If you see someone interacting with your content go ahead and interact with some of theirs. This will help build relationships and allow you to get seen on multiple people’s platforms all because you reciprocated what they did with you.
To sum up…
Doing these steps helped me go from 0 monthly views on my account to 1 Million over the course of just 3 months!
The most crucial part in all of this is to stay consistent. I work on my Pinterest account every single day in other to generate views. It’s important to remember that all of this takes time as well, nothing will happen overnight but if you stay consistent views can bounce up in 3 months or less.
Hope this helps those who are wanting a little extra bounce to their Pinterest account. As always happy writing!